Friday, February 17, 2006

Home Soon

Alex has been away for 8 days so far and will finally be home Sunday night. It's amazing how, in such a relatively short time, someone can become such a part of your life that when they're not there, you struggle.

Not struggle in the sense that you can't function in the normal day to day stuff but struggle in an emotional sense (and I guess that does affect how you deal with everything else).

Despite regular emails, trying to remain positive became very difficult early in the week with the worst evening being Valentine's Day. Not because of the title of the day but I went to stay at his place after my photography course thinking I would feel closer to him but after I crawled into bed I was so overwhelmed with missing him that I got dressed, packed up and drove home. Much to my surprise, I had found it even more difficult to be amongst his things with no distractions and be reminded of exactly how far away he was. Then, presto, the next day he rings me. Hearing his voice was magic even though the conversation was fairly general. Since then I've managed fairly well.

I'm sooooo looking forward to seeing him Sunday night.

At least he'll be home for a couple of weeks before he goes again. I'm sure I'll adapt to his travelling schedule as I learn better ways to distract myself. Perhaps more crop nights are in order :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenni's photos said...

Pam I am sure Alex is missing you just as much. Take these times as a chance to do the things you want to do but not with him and then they won't infringe on your time together. And a crop - you only have to ask.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Elisa said...

Oh girl.....you have it bad....LOL
It is so great to see, try pampering yourself while he is away or catch up with some friends.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Rainy Nights said...

yeah catch up with friends and crop - i know i said every saturday but i can do an extra one jsut about any night of the week if you want to pop over!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Ladies, you are so lovely :)

When I get all my renovations etc in order at home this is exactly what I will be doing. I haven't been able to scrap much lately with work and reno stuff so it will be nice to get back into it.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home